Corporate Events Associate - Rothschild & Co
As one of the world's largest independent financial advisory groups, we know that it takes a distinct perspective to make a meaningful difference to our clients’ business and wealth.Rothschild & Co is a global and family-controlled group. We provide M&A, strategy and financing advice, as well as investment and wealth management solutions to large institutions, families, individuals and governments, worldwide.
Having been at the centre of the world's financial markets for more than 200 years we can rely on an unrivalled global network of more than 3,800 talented employees and a track-record of outstanding execution with 50 offices around the world.
Our integrated global network of trusted professionals and decision makers around the world provide in-depth market intelligence, meaning we can be closer to current issues than any other global financial institution in our core markets.
It is this scale, local knowledge and intellectual capital that allow us to provide a distinct perspective and effective long-term solutions for our partners.
Overview of Role:
Reporting to the Head of Events, the incumbent will join the UK Event and Hospitality team. The role holder will be responsible for the creation, sourcing, planning and end to end management of Events for the Rothschild & Co Group function in London.
- Work with internal teams to provide an end to end event project management service - conceptualise and activate event plans with adherence to Group brand, business and marketing strategies; ensuring a seamless end user experience.
- Manage the internal event process – booking of event space, diary management and liaison with internal services, including onsite management as required
- Amplify the Rothschild & Co brand internally and externally through the creation of unique and memorable experiences
- Using digital tools to deliver live, streamed and hybrid events, seamlessly.
- Budget management – creation, approval and post event reconciliation
- Venue search - seek and propose venues appropriate to event brief, brand and outcomes
- Shared responsibility for updating team Intranet portal
- Post event reporting and evaluation, adhering to Group Gifts and Entertainment policies.
Experience, Skills and Competencies Required
- Experience of managing multiple projects concurrently
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools
- Experience of managing virtual events and host platforms
- Previous experience of the creation and building of websites and event registration platforms
- Excellent inter-personal skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels
- Pro-active, resourceful approach to the delivery of events across the Group function
- Willing to work as part of a team or individually – motivated and with a sense of pride in the function of events
- Creative, with exceptional attention to detail
- Professional, polished, positive attitude, flexible approach
- Event delivery experience (financial services is not essential)
- Knowledge of hospitality, events across sectors, venues, suppliers useful
Attracting and retaining like-minded, high potential colleagues is key to our success.
Rothschild & Co is an independent financial advisory group with intellectual strength: our assets are the women and men who work in the firm.
When we recruit experienced professionals, we look for people who can add to this intellectual strength, offer a distinct perspective and have a genuine passion for what they do. They have the drive and determination to deliver excellence, consistently. They know the importance of independent, creative thinking and innovation, but they must also believe in the power of the team.
One reason for the long-term success of our business is the importance we place on being principled. This drives both the way we work with our clients and the way we hire, manage and develop our people – and we look for the same qualities from them in return. Our teams reflect the diverse needs of our clients, businesses and the markets we operate in around the world. We value, and seek to maintain, an eclectic mix of skills and backgrounds – encouraging everyone to come together to share their perspectives for the good of each other, the business and our clients.
We treat all our colleagues as individuals; there's no one-size-fits-all approach to the training we offer. When you join us, we will take the time to find out what your goals are and how we can help you reach them through bespoke coaching and development opportunities.
What we offer
We offer tailored retirement support depending on the country you are based in.
We provide a range of medical advocacy services to our employees and their family members.
We provide a range of wellness services and programmes designed to support your personal health and wellbeing.
On-site gyms and membership subsidies are available in a number of our offices.
Child and family care
We provide a variety of support as you grow and care for your family.
Our leave allowances include generous time off for holidays and other purposes.
Our flexible working policies help make room for your other responsibilities.
All benefits vary by office location and we're happy to help you find out more.
We recognise the importance of physical and mental health and are heavily invested in safeguarding and enhancing both as our people navigate the challenges of today's ever-changing world.
Our people should always feel they have the support they need to thrive both in and out of the workplace. That's why we run a variety of internal networks and offer membership of external networking organisations to help them feel connected and supported.
- Experience of managing virtual events
- Event delivery experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office