Marketing & Communications Manager - Dubai
We're a leading global insurance organisation with operations in approximately 80 countries and jurisdictions. We provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement solutions, and other financial services to support our clients in business and in life through our General Insurance, Life & Retirement and Investments business units.
What unites us across all of these offerings is our commitment to helping individuals, businesses and communities prepare for and respond to times of uncertainty. Whether serving those facing natural disasters or millions of Americans striving for a financially secure retirement, we have the specialist expertise to help clients better manage risk.
We’re also committed to doing the right thing for our people and the communities where we work and live. It’s why we seek to offer what matters to our ever-diversifying team - like flexible and creative work environments, professional growth opportunities and forums to advocate for one another and incite change. We encourage employees to give back to the causes they care most about, supporting these efforts through our Volunteer Time Off and Matching Grants Programs.
- Manage the day-to-day internal and external marketing & communications for the geographic cluster
- Develop marketing plan to drive awareness and growth of cluster and AIG offerings
- Develop written corporate material for different outlets, including change communications
- Draft and manage marketing & communications for the GM and Senior Management team, internally (eg Appointment announcements, speeches, lectures, town-halls) and externally (eg Growth campaigns, client letters, PR/Media, speeches, thought leadership, crisis communications)
- Manage the digital channels for the cluster, including intranet and external website (content development and management) and social media
- Plan and coordinate employee engagement initiatives including diversity, equity and inclusion programmes
- Event management for local GM/colleague hosted events for clients and brokers including town halls, webinars, etc.
- Contribute to planning and organisation of public affairs and thought leadership initiatives
- Develop and maintain a strong AIG brand in the middle east market
- Amplify Global Sponsorships ie. AIG Women’s Open Golf Sponsorship
- Overall responsibility for local Marketing & Communications budget
Contacts, information, collaboration
- Reporting into the CMCO EMEA and a member of the EMEA M&C team and working closely to support the regional GM and leadership team
- Lead contact between GM, Senior Management and internal stakeholders and their teams and EMEA CMCO
- Management and monitoring of external service providers as well any relevant marketing & communications agencies
- Sound marketing & communications knowledge with 7-10 years’ professional experience in Marketing & Communications, ideally in the finance or insurance business or other relevant industries
- Business fluent command of English & Arabic with both strong written and verbal communication
- Marketing & Communication-focused university degree or longstanding in-depth marketing & communications expertise
- Leadership and engagement skills and strong stakeholder management
- Ability to manage a complex workload and work to tight deadlines
- Proactive, self-starter who is solution-oriented
- Ability to work in teams, also in an international environment, both internally and externally
- Commitment and dedication, flexibility and ability to cope with pressure
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates are committed to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and its’ policies and procedures reflect this commitment. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories such as sexual orientation. At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
AIG is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants and employees with physical or mental disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to complete any part of the application or hiring process, send us an email. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
Department: Sales & Marketing
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
- Sound marketing knowledge
- Business fluent command of English & Arabic
Want early bird access to jobs like this? Subscribe!
You’ll get the newsletters from time to time with hot job openings right before your eyes.