Senior Vendor Manager - Amazon.ae
Successful SVM will be able to:
Act as the ‘business owner’ for assigned categories, possessing a complete understanding (inclusive of the strategic context) of internal and external variables that impact your business (this entails owning forecasting, monitoring, understanding and reporting on the business, along with responsibility for driving projects and promotions to achieve business objectives).
- Have a thorough understanding of the industry, seasonality and business trends/events, and continually monitor competitor/industry developments
- Maximise Amazon’s business profitability and selection expansion opportunities
- Have a complete understanding of the customer needs, both existing and potential, and use that knowledge to advocate for and drive delivery of site features that provide Amazon customers with an unparalleled shopping experience
- Manage vendor relationships - manage supplier/partner contracts, manage day-to-day relationships, and negotiate and secure marketing funds
- Create business plans for new opportunities and develop and execute project plans for the launch of new features, incorporating merchandising and pricing strategies
- Coordinate cross-functional teams, and communicate with internal and external parties, while meeting tight deadlines
- Conduct financial analysis of business opportunities to meet and exceed revenue and profitability targets
This role is for a passionate customer and category advocate within Amazon, with proven analytical capabilities and project management skills, great attention to detail, and the ability to effectively prioritise and multi-task and a proven record of driving category growth. The SVM must be an effective leader and communicator in working with some of Amazon's most important partners and vendors, as well as with internal colleagues and cross-functional leaders. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a passion for retail and a high level of flexibility and commitment.
Minimum Qualification / Experience:
- The ideal candidate should have an acute interest in driving the growth and profitability of strategic suppliers/brands partners on Amazon.
- Deep understanding of the assigned category (brands, supplier’s…etc.).
- Proven track record of success in a high-energy, fast-paced environment Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results.
- Strong organisational skills including prioritising, scheduling, and time management.
- Excellent analytical skills and proficiency in Excel
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Engineering, Business, or Management
- 8+ years of relevant senior level experience in retail, operations, and/or business management/consulting with a proven track record of delivering results
- 8+ years’ experience in negotiations and vendor management
- MBA with relevant business experience
- Relevant senior level experience in retail, operations, and/or business management with a proven history of delivering results
- Proven experience leading teams & cross-functional projects
- Influencing abilities and vendor management experience
- Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Experience in vendor negotiations, pricing and promotion, inventory management, and product development
- Advanced experience with Excel, or other analytical/Business Intelligence tools
- Highly polished communication skills - speaking, writing, presenting and negotiating
- Ability to operate simultaneously and effectively in both tactical and strategic modes
- A willingness to roll up sleeves to get things done
- Arabic speaker preferred, though not mandatory
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorise the hiring Amazon company to store your personal data in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process. If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorise the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Analytical skills