GBS Mobility & Front Office Specialist – Japanese Speaker
Since its founding in 1910, Hitachi has supported the development of society and the improvement of people's lives. Throughout the world, Hitachi Group employees exemplify outstanding teamwork that transcends the boundaries of geographical regions and business fields. Together, we share the Hitachi group identity and put it into practice worldwide.
At this exciting time in our growth Hitachi has established its Global Business Services (GBS) function to be the strategic partner for transforming and delivering business operations across the Hitachi group. With a mission to deliver the best experience to employees and customers you will be joining a global team known for excellence and innovation.
What you’ll be doing
- The GBS Mobility & Front Office Specialist is the regional representative for the Global Business Services (GBS) team in EMEA.
- There will be a particular focus on providing international mobility services to Hitachi employees.
- Additionally, there will be the opportunity to act as the front office presence for general HR general services provided by GBS colleagues from one of our delivery centres, in Europe and India.
- The Mobility work will be varied, covering the facilitation and administration of mobility-related benefits and compensation packages in close partnership with the GBS HR Total Rewards & Performance Management team, BU HR, and third-party partners.
- This role offers responsibility for researching, modelling, and evaluating mobility programs as part of Hitachi’s Total Rewards Strategy. Knowledge on leading practices, conduct competitive market analysis, and how mobility fits into business strategy is required.
Some of the responsibilities of this role include:
- As a part of GBS Global Mobility Team coordinate and support mobility processes locally during all stages of assignment
- Co-ordinate with local authorities and immigration provider attaining Certificate of Sponsorship and Right to Work check for EU
- Co-ordinate with external vendors and provide support to the assignees where required
- Support co-ordination and preparation of immigration related documents
- Manage changes related to the assignee’s work location/job and other changes to be submitted to the local authorities
- Assist in managing mailbox/shared mailboxes by triaging and responding to assignees’ inquiries
- Actively participate in GBS Global Mobility transition to ensure a smooth implementation for EU countries as well as continues improvement of processes
- Support GBS global team with HR general services related activities (leave management, exit management, on-boarding and Learning) that required on-site presence
What you bring to the team
- We’re looking for a team player, who is motivated by delivering great work and the Hitachi vision. Some of the skills and experience we look for include:
- Taxation, immigration, and payroll knowledge relating to international assignments
- Experience in a shared service environment is preferable
- Significant experience working in Mobility
- Generalist HR knowledge is desirable
- A great team player with a collaborative approach
- Great communication and interpersonal skills including stakeholder management
- A proactive approach to problem solving
- Japanese and English language skills are a must as this role heavily supports the transfers of our colleagues from Japan
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to any factor that doesn’t impact your ability to do the job, including race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
We are proud of Japanese heritage, with our values expressed through the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa – Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto – Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin – Pioneering Spirit, Challenge
If, like us, you’re motivated by delivering first class services, thrive in a fast paced and supportive environment and want to help Hitachi to drive social innovation, we’d love to hear from you.
Company and Business Group Overview
Hitachi is a Company that contributes to society through the development of technology and products that are both superior and original. Hitachi’s Founding Concepts of harmony, trust, honesty, integrity and pioneering spirit have guided Hitachi's growth into a flourishing, technologically diverse and innovative Company.
The Transportation, Energy & Environment Laboratory (TEEL), is part of Hitachi’s European R&D Centre, located in central London. The TEEL team has a mission to create and validate innovation in the Rail and Energy sectors, leveraging Hitachi’s technologies and customer co-creation. The focus is across the European energy sector (including power systems, renewables and digital business solutions, emerging solutions and environmental matters) and intersecting industries supporting several Hitachi business units. As part of Hitachi's Global R&D Group, the TEEL team also works and co-creates with other European laboratories covering Automotive, Industry, Big Data and Service Design; and several innovation research laboratories in Japan and around the globe.
Company Funded Benefits
- Market competitive salary and discretionary bonus scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement - with the option to buy up to an additional 8 days per year
- A Holiday Banking scheme allowing you to bank untaken holiday to use another year
- Group Personal Pension
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme available to all employees
- Personal Accident Insurance
Voluntary Benefits (funded by employee) including;
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Gym Membership
- Dental Insurance with option to include dependent children
- Health screening
- Dining card
Primary Location: GB-ENG-London
Location: Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom Global Region:EMEA
Organisation: Hitachi Europe Ltd.
Business Unit: Hitachi Regional Headquarters Remote: No
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Segment: Others (Including Headquarters and R&D)
Profession (Job Category): Human Resources
Job Schedule: Full time
- Japanese and English language skills
- Generalist HR knowledge
- Taxation - immigration and payroll knowledge
Want early bird access to jobs like this? Subscribe!
You’ll get the newsletters from time to time with hot job openings right before your eyes.