Executive Assistant - Bridgestone, Dubai
Tokyo-based Bridgestone Corporation is the world’s largest manufacturer of tires and other rubber products. We employ over 140,000 people around the world, operate 3 technical centres and 178 manufacturing plants and sell products in more than 150 countries. "Serving Society with Superior Quality” has been our mission since Shojiro Ishibashi founded Bridgestone in 1931 and we look for individuals who share our passion to fulfil this mission.
Our Strategic Business Unit
Bridgestone EMEA operates in more than 60 countries and employs over 16,000 employees in its offices and plants:
- 9 Sales Regions with offices in Birmingham, Warsaw, Paris, Madrid, Milan, Bad Hamburg, Moscow, Johannesburg, and Dubai
- 14 plants in France (Bethune), Belgium (Lanklaar and Liege), Italy (Bari), Poland (Stargard and Poznan), Hungary (Tatabanya), Spain (Bilbao, Puente San Miguel and Burgos), South Africa (Port Elizabeth and Brits), Russia (Ulyanovsk) and a joint venture in Turkey (Izmit)
- A raw materials plant in Spain (Usansolo)
- A leading R&D facility in Italy
- State of the art proving grounds in Italy and Sweden
- The EMEA headquarters in Zaventem, Belgium.
Our tyres are sold under the Bridgestone, Firestone, Dayton brand for:
- Consumer / Passenger vehicles
- Commercial (TBR) vehicles
- Construction and off-the-road vehicles
- Tractors and agricultural machinery
- Motorcycles and scooters
- Motor sport
In addition to our products, we also provide integrated fleet solutions as well as repair and maintenance services through our extensive fleet network.
The BSMEA Executive Assistant will report directly the VP – Emerging Markets (South Africa, Russia, India & Middle East & Africa ) and Regional Managing Director, Bridgestone Middle East & Africa (BSMEA) and support them in all administrative aspects as an Executive Assistant. The position will require the ability to work independently and take initiative to anticipate and resolve issues in a timely and confidential manner. This role will include frequent communication and interaction with the Management Board and regional leadership teams. The ideal candidate will be a proactive problem solver with exceptional communication skills and a meticulous attention to detail. Excellent stakeholder management skills and a highly positive approach will be vital to your success in this role.
- Managing the executive’s calendar, including scheduling appointments and prioritising the most time sensitive matters
- Completing a broad variety of administrative tasks for the VP & MD including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments/Meetings
- Composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Planning, coordinating and ensuring the VP & MD’s schedule is followed and respected.
- Acting as "gatekeeper" and "gateway" to create a win-win situation for direct access to the VP & MD’s time.
- Communicating directly and on behalf of the VP & MD with Executive Committee & Board members across the markets.
- Researching, prioritising & following up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the VP & MD.
- Assists in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings and off-sites, and all staff meetings.
- Facilitates cross-divisional coordination of travel and outreach plans.
- Maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive information
- Actively recording minuets of Executive Committee Meetings
- Update and maintain contact list & partners list
- Providing administrative assistance, such as writing and editing e-mails, drafting memos, and preparing communications on the executive’s behalf of the VP & MD
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
- Three to five years of executive / personal assistant experience
- Experience in managing multiple calendars
- Experience in booking travel
- Exceptional communication skills and proven cross-cultural stakeholder management experience.
- Commercially orientated with a high sense of urgency.
- Advanced MS Office, particularly Excel.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise tasks
- Excellent time management skills
- Well-developed Organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency in English
- Agility – to work in a matrix and complex environment where change happens at a rapid pace
- Courage – to share ideas, think out of the box
- Ownership – to see the bigger picture and take ownership by thinking and acting beyond the role
BRIDGESTONE LEADERSHIP ESSENCE
- Establishes strategic direction and effectively communicates the vision: Communicates a clear and inspiring vision for the business; drives competitive and innovative strategies and is able to generate alignment against the strategic direction
- Demonstrates business acumen to achieve results through others: Understands, educates and applies the fundamental business concepts by which a company operates in order to deliver results and create a climate that fosters personal commitment to excellence
- Promotes and enhances company culture: Champions the organisation’s shared values and beliefs
- Effectively manages across cultures: Achieves effective collaboration, alignment, and communication across multiple dimensions of cultural diversity
- BOSS focused - serves the customers having the end users in mind: Makes BOSS (end users) and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; develops and sustains productive relationships with BOSS; leverages BOSS intimacy in the development of new products, services and competitive advantage
- Demonstrates self-awareness and emotional intelligence: Recognises one’s personal strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and limits. Understands emotions and their effects
- Intellectually curious in support of learning agility: Actively identifies new areas for learning; regularly creates and takes advantage of learning opportunities; uses newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learns through their application
- Embraces and leads change and innovation: Encourages different and innovative approaches to address problems and opportunities; facilitates the implementation and acceptance of change within the organisation
- Identifies and develops organisational talent: Attracts high calibre diverse talent , leads and guides others to accomplish organisational goals and objectives through on-going development and collaboration
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Type of work: On site
- Fluency in English
- Advanced MS Office