Heavy Duty Driver (Airside Transport Operations) - Emirates, Dubai
Based at Dubai International airport, Emirates Flight Catering provides airline, events and VIP catering, plus ancillary services including laundry, food production and airport lounge food & beverage. We passionately promote excellence and efficiency and that’s why we’re industry leaders. Learn more about our services by clicking below. Emirates Flight Catering is 90% owned by Emirates airline, with the remaining shares held by Dubai Airports Corporation. In July 2007, we launched a state-of-the-art complex dedicated to servicing the flights of Emirates. With a built-up area of over 56,000m2, it’s the largest facility of its kind in the world.
- Ensure punctual and efficient delivery and collection to and from the designated places on time.
- Ensure that all deliveries are supplied as per laid down procedures.
- Provide reports on all collections, deliveries and fuel usage.
- Assist and guide staff in the loading and unloading of items.
- Ensure safe driving practice in compliance with UAE road traffic regulations at all times.
- Assist in carrying out vehicle maintenance checks and make sure to report any mechanical breakdowns for corrective action to be taken.
- Apply the Quality Policy and Quality System established in accordance with ISO 9001: 2000 international standards and execute all responsibilities according to the department work procedures while reflecting EKFC Quality Policy.
- Comply with the Company Occupational Health and Safety Policy.
Essential Requirements and Competencies:
- Secondary school or equivalent qualification.
- Valid GCC Driving License with License No 4 (Heavy Vehicle).
- Previous experience of minimum 12 months as a Heavy Duty / Trailer Driver in the GCC
- Experience driving in an Airport, Container Port or Logistics centre is preferred.
- Knowledge of vehicle inspection and maintenance.
- Communication skills in English.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Ability to collaborate a team based approach including ability to positively manage conflict.
- Deliver well structured written/ spoken communication, with impact and energy.
Position within: Airside Operations Department
Reports to: Assistant Operations Manager
Location: Dubai International Airport Terminal 1
Category: Catering Operations
Salary & Benefits:
Join us in Dubai and enjoy an attractive tax-free salary and travel benefits that are exclusive to our industry, including discounts on flights and hotels stays around the world.
In November 2018, our business grew further with the opening of an additional facility which is dedicated to the production of Emirates Airline First and Business Class meals. With this facility, we have gone further in terms of automation and state-of-the-art equipment.
Emirates Flight Catering accreditations
ITCA (International Travel Catering Association) Guidelines
ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management Systems
In 1999, Emirates Flight Catering was the first airline catering unit in the Middle Eastern region to achieve ISO 9000 certification for Quality Management Systems
Microbiological Laboratory ISO/IEC 17025 2005 accreditation
- Valid GCC Driving License with License No 4 (Heavy Vehicle)
Want early bird access to jobs like this? Subscribe!
You’ll get the newsletters from time to time with hot job openings right before your eyes.