Director of Guest Services - Russian Speaker - Sheraton, Sharjah
Vacancy position summary:
Serves as the property Manager on Duty and oversees all property operations, ensuring that the highest levels of hospitality and service are provided.
Represents property management in resolving any guest or property related situation.
Manages the flow of questions and directs guests within the lobby.
Serves as Guest Relations Manager and handles the tracking of service issues.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED; 2-years experience in the guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Lead Guest Services Teams
- Utilise interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocate sound financial/business decision-making; demonstrate honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Encourage and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Serve as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviours.
- Supervise and manage employees. Manage all day-to-day operations.
- Understand employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence.
- Supervise Concierge and/or Bell Staff, when applicable
Maintaining Guest Services and Front Desk Goals
- Manage day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
- Develop specific goals and plans to prioritise, organise, and accomplish your work.
- Handle complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
- Observe service behaviours of employees and ensure that all uniformed employees are properly attired and groomed, each wearing a name-tag.
- Assist with energy conservation efforts by monitoring compliance during property tours.
Managing Projects and Policies
- Implement the customer recognition/service program, communicating and ensuring the process.
- Conduct regular inspection tours of the entire facility for appearance, safety, staffing, security, and maintenance.
- Send a copy of MOD report to all departments on a daily basis.
- Ensure compliance with all policies, standards, and procedures.
- Understand and can implement all emergency plans including accident, death, elevator, thefts, vicious crimes, bombs, fire, etc.
- Understand and comply with loss prevention policies and procedures.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Provide services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Improve service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Intervene in any guest/employee situation as needed to ensure the integrity of the property is maintained, guest satisfaction is achieved, and employee well-being is preserved.
- Serve as a leader in displaying outstanding hospitality skills.
- Set a positive example for guest relations.
- Empower employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Observe service behaviours of employees and provide feedback to individuals.
- Maintain high visibility in public areas during peak times.
- Provide immediate assistance to guests as requested.
- Interact with customers on a regular basis throughout the property to obtain feedback on quality of product, service levels and overall satisfaction.
- Record guest issues in the guest response tracking system.
- Review comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
- Emphasise guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
- Identify the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Provide guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Review staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
- Assist as needed in the interviewing and hiring of employee team members with the appropriate skills.
- Provide information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinate by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Analyse information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Inform and/or update the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
- Communicate any variations to the established norms to the appropriate department in a timely manner.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with all departments to support property operations and goals and to expedite the resolution of any problems that may arise through the general operation of the property.
- Participate as needed in the investigation of employee and guest accidents.
- Perform Front Desk duties in high-demand times.
Job Category: Rooms & Guest Services Operations
Location: Sheraton Sharjah Beach Resort & Spa, Al Muntazah Street
Country: United Arab Emirates
Located Remotely? N
Position Type: Management
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
When you join the Sheraton family, you become a member of its global community. We’ve been a place to gather and connect since 1937. At Sheraton, associates create a sense of belonging in more than 400 communities around the world. We invite, we welcome, and we connect guests through engaging experiences and thoughtful service. If you're a team player who is excited to deliver a meaningful guest experience, we encourage you to explore your next career opportunity with Sheraton. Join us on our mission to be ‘The World’s Gathering Place’. In joining Sheraton Hotels & Resorts, you join a portfolio of brands with Marriott International. Be where you can do your best work, begin your purpose, belong to an amazing global team, and become the best version of you.
- Russian lang
- Experience in compliance with policies and standards
- complaints & disputes handling
- implementing emergency plans
Want early bird access to jobs like this? Subscribe!
You’ll get the newsletters from time to time with hot job openings right before your eyes.