Waiter / Waitress - Lebanese concept - Mandarin Oriental, Abu Dhabi
Job opening summary:
We are dedicated to delighting our guests and to delighting our colleagues. We are committed to becoming the best and we emphasise working together to achieve this goal. We support acting with responsibility.
Working with us means working harmoniously, respectfully, passionately, and towards personal growth. Working with us means that you will be personally valued. From the initial interview through the comprehensive orientation to the numerous Learning and Development programmes, we are committed to providing a Mandarin Oriental 'Colleague Journey' that exceeds colleague expectations.
What you will be part of:
You'll join our mission
We want to surprise and delight every guest that walks through our doors. To make a difference to their day, every day. And to keep improving so we're always the very best.
You'll share our vision
We want to be the best luxury hotel group in the world. And we want to have the world see us that way.
An ideal candidate must have a minimum of one year of experience working in a 5-star hotel, luxury retail, agency or marketing environment in a similar role.
- Ensure productivity, quality of products/services are delivered to the guest.
- To continuously innovate/create new ideas to remain competitive in the market.
- To focus on guest needs and deal with them promptly and efficiently.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of Food and Beverage products and promotions.
- Ensure grooming and hygiene standards are implemented and fully adhered to.
- Willingness and ability to sell or influence others through suggestive selling.
- Assess customers’ needs and preferences and provide recommendations/suggestions.
- Willingness to handle cash transactions as part of overall cashiering duties.
- Report all financial transaction and sales reports as per set procedures.
- To ensure operations checklist are used and served its purpose for a smooth operation.
- Flexibility to work in another outlet or new assignment in order to meet the business demands.
- In addition, flexible in working hours and days as per business requirement where and when overtime is requested by the management.
Requirements and qualifications
- A minimum of 1-year experience in a luxury hotel environment / high end Lebanese Restaurant
- Arabic language is a must
- Engaging and approachable personality
- Knowledge/familiarity in Micros is a plus
Position: Waiter/Waitress - Lebanese concept (6 months contract, Temporary)
Property / Office: Emirates Palace, Abu Dhabi
Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
We want to surprise and delight every guest that walks through our doors. To make a difference to their day, every day. And to keep improving, so we're always the very best.
When you show commitment to us, we reciprocate. We offer different retirement plans depending on the length of your service and your role.
Health and Wellness
Your wellbeing matters to us. A variety of health benefits and wellness programmes are offered to all our colleagues, globally.
Finding the right work-life balance is important. Our global Colleague Wellness Week in September is one of the ways we help our colleagues lead a healthier, and happier lifestyle.
Learning & Development
Your success is our success. We craft unique learning and development programmes for various stages in your career so that you grow, continuously. Here are just a few of the opportunities we offer.
Cultivating our future leaders
Be part of a Michelin Star restaurant team in London. Become a finance expert in Singapore. Build key accounts with the Commercial team in New York. There are many paths to becoming a leader: join our eighteen-month Rising Fans Programme and discover who you're meant to be.
You don't need any experience of working in hotels to apply, but we are looking for people who are passionate about our industry. This is an opportunity to grow with us on a lifelong learning and development journey.
- Knowledge of Food and Beverage
- Arabic language is a must
- Experience in a luxury hotel environment
Want early bird access to jobs like this? Subscribe!
You’ll get the newsletters from time to time with hot job openings right before your eyes.