Captain - Pierre's TT - Food & Beverage - InterContinental Hotel, Dubai
Job vacancy summary:
Do you see yourself as a Captain at Pierre's TT for InterContinental Hotels Group® Dubai Festival City?
What's your passion? Whether you're into triathlon, exploring new restaurants or dancing the tango, at IHG we're interested in you. We love people who apply the same amount of passion and precision to their jobs as they do to their hobbies. Imagine working for a company that gives you Room to be yourself. Our commitment to our people is to deliver room to have a great start, to learn and grow, to perform, to be recognized and rewarded, to be involved and to take the initiative and lead.
The InterContinental Hotels Group® properties in Dubai Festival City consist of four hotel brands. These include the luxury brand InterContinental, the superior upscale Crowne Plaza, the lavish long-stay InterContinental Residence Suites and the vibrant mid-scale Holiday Inn. In addition to over 1000+ bedrooms, the four properties boast a selection of high quality restaurants and bars, an impressive 3,800 square meter Event Centre across two levels, the 5,000 square meters Festival Arena by InterContinental, the luxurious Spa InterContinental, state-of-the-art gymnasium and swimming pool facilities. We are looking for people who are friendly, welcoming and full of life to people to join over 900 colleagues who are always finding ways to make every guest experience an enjoyable one. We value the passion and enthusiasm of our colleagues, and encourage you to share your passion when you work with us.
A little taste of your day-to-day
- Endeavour to resolve all complaints during the shift and log all complaints in the logbook for further follow-up.
- Supervise colleagues during shifts and functions.
- Supervise outlet section service.
- Ensure restaurant operating equipment is clean and in working order.
- Maintain impeccable uniform and personal presentation standards in accordance with hotel policy.
- Execute cash handling and banking procedures.
- Prepare daily banking and cash flow reports.
- Establish and instruct staff in cash security procedures.
- Report or deal with irregular payments.
- Supervise the maintenance of service equipment.
- Monitor standards of guest facilities and services.
- Control stock and monitor security procedures.
- Perform any reasonable tasks as instructed by the manager.
What we need from you
- Previous experience in an upscale fine dining restaurant is preferred.
- Familiarity with French wines and wine pairings is valuable, enhancing the dining experience for guests.
- Ability to work in a team and in different functions.
- Exceptional customer service skills, including the ability to provide personalised and attentive service to guests, handle special requests, and create a memorable dining experience.
- Ability to handle challenging situations gracefully, including addressing customer complaints, managing busy service periods, and resolving issues promptly.
- Great communication skills.
- Warm and inviting personality.
- Ability to think calmly under pressure.
- Willingness to learn open-minded.
- Willingness to work with a flexible schedule and responds positively to changing requirements, including the performance of any tasks requested of you.
- Basic organisation skills in restaurant operation.
What you can expect from us
We’ll reward all your hard work with competitive salary and benefits.
Join us and you'll become part of the global IHG® family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
So go on - show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests.
At IHG, we've made a promise. As one of the world’s leading hotel groups, we’re here to deliver True Hospitality for Good. Making our guests and colleagues feel welcome, cared for, recognised and respected – wherever they are in the world. Want to be part of the journey?
As the world’s first and most global luxury hotel brand, InterContinental Hotels & Resorts has pioneered international travel since the 1940s, we are passionate about sharing our renowned international know-how and cultural wisdom in truly impressive surroundings. We all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental®️ brand and to be part of the brand you will have a thirst for travel, passion for culture and appreciation for diversity. We create inspiring experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world. If you’d like to embrace a world of opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand. Let’s Go Further Together.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.
Job Category: Hotel and Hospitality
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Position Type: Waiter/Waitress
Location: Dubai Festival City
Country: United Arab Emirates
We join recognition with a rewarding experience.
Working for us means more than competitive pay and benefits. You can also expect recognition for your hard work, a healthy working environment and the right work-life balance.
All our colleagues are offered paid annual leave and public holidays in line with their local market
Some roles are eligible for incentives such as bonus which rewards you for your own and company performance
We have a colleague recognition programme to celebrate and recognise peers’ success, as well as long service awards
In most markets we offer access to insurance such as private healthcare
Pension and Savings Plan
We offer a range of pension and savings plans globally
Flexible working arrangements can be discussed with your line manager to help balance work and home life
We offer both colleague and friends and family discount rates across our properties globally
Other Discounts and Offers
In some markets, we offer a range of discounts and access to preferential rates for shopping and leisure
Colleague Restaurant Facilities
On site subsidised restaurant facilities in certain locations
You and your family have access to our global Employee Assistance Program which offers financial, lifestyle and well-being advice
We join results with responsible thinking
We believe in doing our part for the world and treating others well. That’s why we celebrate difference in our business and strive to help people progress. Everyone’s able to thrive and make a difference. Join us and see for yourself.
- Growing our people’s talents
- Respecting and welcoming everyone
- Operating sustainably
- Communication skills
- Familiarity with French wines
- Previous experience in upscale fine dining
Want early bird access to jobs like this? Subscribe!
You’ll get the newsletters from time to time with hot job openings right before your eyes.