Data Center Customer Operations II - Equinix, Dubai
Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 240+ data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
We are a fast-growing global company with 20 years of continuous growth. Through our innovative portfolio of high-performance products and services, we have created the largest, most active global ecosystem of 10,000+ companies, including 2,100 networks and 3,000+ cloud and IT service providers in 32 countries spanning six continents.
Joining our operations team means that you will be at the forefront of all we do, maintaining critical facilities infrastructure as part of a close-knit team delivering best-in-class service to our data center customers. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
Applies acquired job skills to work on tasks that are semi-routine in nature. Focus is on semi-routine tasks within standard operating procedures. Supports the overall team.
Queue Management / Reporting
- Reviews work order requests in the queue and responds to semi-routine work orders by adhering to commitment times
- Escalates and expedites orders to appropriate teams upon standard operating procedures; supervision needed on the escalation of non-standard procedure escalation requests
- Ensures adherence to commit times within standard operating procedures
- Maintains detailed written records of all work activity
- Updates local asset databases and other systems
- Rack and stack semi-routine customer equipment tickets
- Supports intra-cage infrastructure installations by following the standard operating procedures of semi-routine customer installs, which may include:
- fiber trays, ladder racks, customer equipment and cabinets;
- semi-basic cage installs for mesh and overhead cable trays; and, performs tape changes and standard operating backup changes
- Supports semi-routine datacenter standard operating cross-connect work order requests (installs, terminations, modifications, and testing)
- Ensures the standard operating procedures are followed on cable management of: coax, fiber, twisted pair copper, and semi-routine intra-building cross connects
- Learns to install 'across' connect circuits (switched, multiplexed, etc.), under supervision
Testing / Troubleshooting
- Supports semi-routine standard operating testing and standard operating installations of customer assets
- Supports standard operating procedures of layer 1 cross-connect certification testing
- May learn non-standard operating testing, such as layer 2 and layer 3 testing, under supervision
- Supports the operations and security personnel team for breaks or other activities, when necessary
- Supports standard operating procedural tasks provides back-up assistance to team members when necessary
- Supports customer satisfaction with timely adherence to following semi-routine execution order requirements
- Delivers a high level of service and an excellent customer experience when interfacing with customers
- Provides support with time expectations on new deployments and existing alterations, by following standard operating procedure guidelines
- Supports customers on-site by through access control and escorting services
- Supports fulfillment of projects that follow standard operating procedures; if projects deviate from standard procedures, then works under supervision
- Supports vendors on projects
- Supports physical customer audits
- Completes all assigned trainings in a timely manner
- May provide support to new hires
Typically requires a high school diploma and proven years of equivalent work experience.
Equinix is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals, including those with a disability.
Equinix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and, in the U.S., an Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to unlawful consideration of race, color, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, place of birth, citizenship, sex, pregnancy / childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic partnership status, age, veteran or military status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, political / organizational affiliation, status as a victim or family member of a victim of crime or abuse, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Transform the world with us
Come build your career with dynamic, extraordinary teams that are transforming the digital world. Equinix offers global internships and new-to-career opportunities in all areas of the company—from Product Engineering to Sales and Marketing to Data Center Operations.
About Equinix Internship Program
Our internship program is designed to kickstart your professional career and set you up for future success. Gain practical work experience by working on real business challenges and impactful projects. You will be supported throughout your journey by your manager, mentor and an assigned buddy. As an intern at Equinix, we embed you into the Equinix culture through our Equinix Employee Connection Networks, for instance, Young Professionals Connect, where you join a global community, attend events and build lasting connections. You will also have access to resources, tools and events aimed at supporting your comprehensive development.
Accelerate your career
For individuals who are embarking on their full-time positions with Equinix, you will join a thoughtfully curated New to Career development program, a 6-month development journey to help develop your skills, your networks, and your sense of belonging at Equinix.
- relevant work experience
Want early bird access to jobs like this? Subscribe!
You’ll get the newsletters from time to time with hot job openings right before your eyes.