Medical Delegate, NIDO GUM - Nestle Middle East
Job position summary:
Be a part of Nestlé. Be a force for good.
Help us make a real difference on a global scale. With a presence in almost 190 countries, we’re dedicated to our purpose of unlocking the power of food to enhance quality of life for everyone. Whether you're starting or continuing your career, explore how you can work with us.
Innovate, challenge and drive change
When you join Nestle, you join a collaborative, agile working environment that stretches your thinking and encourages innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. You also become part of a Nestlé culture that is rooted in respect, empowered to experiment and to learn from failure. At Nestlé, we expect you to step outside your comfort zone. Here, you can be confident to innovate, challenge and drive change. Your voice is listened to, valued and has genuine impact, because experience has taught us that we achieve far more together than we can alone.
Find a place to learn, develop and grow
Present in almost 190 countries, we offer a global platform for you to learn, develop and grow to your full potential. The scale of our business offers global career opportunities across different brands and products, and the opportunity to learn from the diverse range of skills and backgrounds of the colleagues around you. We both challenge and empower you to be the best version of yourself.
Own your progress and be curious, flexible and ambitious to learn.
About this job position:
Joining Nestlé means you are joining the largest food and Beverage Company in the world. At our very core, we are a human environment – passionate people driven by the purpose of enhancing the quality of life and contributing to a healthier future.
The Medical Delegate is responsible for the ethical detailing of Nestlé Nutrition products in assigned territory by clearly communicating to medical / paramedical contacts accurate information about these products, their features and benefits and their appropriate use whenever mothers are unable or choose not to breastfeed their babies, and within guidelines as set by Nestlé Nutrition in compliance with WHO International Code of Marketing of Breast Milk substitutes, Nestlé Instructions and local country codes; resulting in advocacy for our branded and unbranded solutions.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
- Promote Nestlé’s belief that Breastfeeding is Best for Babies and that Breastfeeding is recommendable over all other feeding alternatives for infants.
- Provide reliable information on infant nutrition and infant feeding practices for medical/ paramedical contacts in areas that interest or affect them in their regular practice, according to the current cycle detailing objectives and materials, becoming a reference advisor on these topics.
- Participate in the organisation and running of Product Knowledge, Nutrition or related topics medical / paramedical scientific meetings including meeting sponsorship, guest lecturer invitation for his/her territory-related activities.
- Optimum territory coverage and management, including prospection and insights gathering and sharing (i.e. competitive intelligence), through relevant tools/systems like the CRM 2.0.
- Maintain HCP database in CRM and submit reports on time. Propose for territory supply of communication and educational material/resources.
- Ensure education and presence of Nestlé Infant Nutrition products/concepts/science in hospitals within territory aiming at improving availability and hospital shares.
- Develop long-term mutually beneficial professional relationships with HCPs and relevant medical decision makers. Engage with HCP's in a variety of ways face to face, seminars, conferences and events.
- Organisation and implementation of key HCP events/seminars in territory.
- Ensure strict adherence and compliance on all activities undertaken to the WHO International Code of Marketing of Breast-Milk substitutes and Nestle Instructions and local country codes.
- Gain understanding on which HCPs, HCIs, organisations and governmental bodies is influencing education of HCPs and mothers in our area of expertise and responsibility, allowing a proper prospecting.
- Use all acquired knowledge (skills, nutrition, own and competitor products and activities, territory dynamics, etc.) to differentiate our value offers from competitors resulting in increased advocacy.
What will make you successful
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in pharmaceutical Science / Medicine / Nutrition / Biology.
- Prior experience as a Medical Delegate is desirable.
Position: Medical Delegate
When you join Nestlé, you’ll enjoy a range of attractive employee benefits:
You’ll be recognised for your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits package. And you may benefit from savings plans, insurances, loans, and discounted or free Nestlé products. You could even grab a bargain on retail products, services and activities.
Our working environments vary greatly, so depending on your job and your location, you could benefit from flexible working opportunities, volunteering programs, the ability to bring a pet to work, and much more.
We offer opportunities to develop your career in different countries around the world. Global mobility plays an important part in developing Nestlé’s talent and our brands.
Health and wellbeing at work
Our employee health programs will help you develop and maintain a healthy lifestyle, with health checks, health care, onsite cafeterias and fitness centres, sport and other activities.
More than ever, it is important that you are emotionally supported while at work and at home to be resilient and feel good as you carry out your everyday activities. We provide access to confidential counsellors to help when the unexpected happens or you are feeling overwhelmed.
With a minimum of 18 weeks paid parental leave for the primary caregiver, plus the opportunity to take further leave, your new family life can get off to a great start. Your work location may provide additional benefits and resources such as dedicated feeding rooms or creches.
Students and graduates
At Nestlé, we offer exciting opportunities to people early in their careers all around the world.
For early-career employees
Available company-wide, this self-paced digital learning program helps you to discover Nestlé, its culture, principles and environmental commitments. You’ll learn how to adapt fast, work collaboratively, manage yourself and build leadership skills. People Academy can be accessed worldwide and is available in 19 languages.
For young people looking to start a career
Nestlé needs YOUth equips young people with the skills they need to thrive in tomorrow’s workplaces. Focusing on employment/employability, entrepreneurship and agripreneurship, it has a range of initiatives in different markets, for example:
This program is available in Nestlé's Asian markets. It’s an e-learning module focused on helping job applicants to learn interview skills, and applicants receive tailored guidance on strengths and improvement opportunities when they complete the module.
- Bachelor’s degree in pharmaceutical Science / Medicine / Nutrition
Want early bird access to jobs like this? Subscribe!
You’ll get the newsletters from time to time with hot job openings right before your eyes.