Twitter Curator - Global News Team (Japanese), UK
Who we are
Twitter is committed to serving the public conversation by helping users of our product stay informed, inform others, and discuss what matters. Our Curation team is on a mission to better facilitate the public conversation through the curation of the best, most relevant, and timely content that reaches, engages, and delights one of the largest daily audiences in the world.
The Curation team contextualises content related to topics of interest including Breaking News, Politics, Entertainment, and Sports, and we’re looking for a skilled Curator to help us identify the best Tweets, photos, and videos in real-time.
The ideal candidate for this role should have a deep understanding of global news and is capable of quickly and accurately identifying the best Twitter content in Tweets, photos, and videos. This position is based in the UK and is focused on Japan, managing content in Japanese.
Our Curation team works hard to present and reflect outstanding content experiences and conversations in real-time to Twitter users.
Success in this role is measured by
- Identifying the best Twitter content related to events and/or global conversations
- Identifying the best and most engaging Twitter content related to Japanese conversations and/or events
- Working efficiently under time pressure
- Uphold our curation standards while demonstrating dedication to accuracy and impartiality
- Curate live updates about around various topics for Twitter customers
- Weave together stories from sequences of Tweets
- Identify events and emerging trends on Twitter that will drive unique content experiences
- Work closely with colleagues to help drive standard methodologies in the EMEA timezone and with colleagues worldwide
- Provide feedback on internal tools
- Work experience: Demonstrated ability working in the field of journalism
- Experience curating content (Tweets) in real-time or for publishing
- Flexibility to work some weekends
- Extensive experience in using Twitter— preferably as a tool in reporting
- Experience with newsgathering tools like Tweetdeck, Dataminr for News, etc preferred but not required.
- Fluency in Japanese and English
- Experience working as part of a global team
- Additional language skills in any of Portuguese, Spanish, Arabic, Hindi or Tamil
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Japanese fluency
Want early bird access to jobs like this? Subscribe!
You’ll get the newsletters from time to time with hot job openings right before your eyes.