Assistant Content Manager - Mandarin speaker - Selfridges, London
Are you looking for a new challenge in Selfridges that gives you the chance to get creative and use your knowledge and expertise to take our China Digital content to the next level? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
The China Assistant Content Manager will be responsible for managing translation of all digital content and providing quality assurance and approval of newly translated/created content.
This position requires a wide range of qualities from editorial flair and solid fashion knowledge to logical thinking and meticulous attention to detail. This person will take on management of external translation partner(s) and workflow coordination across Digital teams (e.g. CRM, Editorial, Creative Production). The postholder will undertake the following duties and responsibilities:
- manage the translation quality across all our digital store-front(s) in Chinese region (e.g. selfridges.com/CN/zh);
- work closely with the Editorial team to ensure Selfridges brand integrity is maintained in the Chinese market;
- manage the accurate and timely delivery of translated content (e.g. product, editorial, app push) across all devices and day-to-day operations with translation partner;
- review blogger and affiliate coverage in local language on our key marketing networks
- be involved in app update and website release projects to ensure Chinese digital store-front(s) is of high quality editorially and functionally (eg, developing glossary and helping prioritise translation for key projects, eg, PDP page re-design)
The Ideal Candidate
- be bi-lingual (Mandarin mother tongue, fluent in English and able to read and write in Simplified Chinese);
- have proven experience of translating, transcreating, and editing luxury fashion or lifestyle copy;
- have a logical approach when it comes to problem-solving and trouble-shooting; and be comfortable identifying pain points in a complex process, particularly in regards to the translation workflow;
- have solid fashion knowledge and strong awareness of fashion trends, as well as experience working in the luxury industry;
- have the ability to work under pressure to ensure tight deadlines are met;
- have the ability to build and maintain key relationships cross-functionally;
- experience working with machine translation and translation memory;
- experience in managing an external translation agency where large volumes of content required;
- possess tri-lingual capability (fluent in Cantonese and able to read and write in Traditional Chinese);
- have proven experience of achieving success by applying logical as well as creative thinking;
- have the ability to communicate region specific information to the wider teams / business and develop and improve working procedures and processes
About the Company
Our creative spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
THE FUN STUFF
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development
- fluent in Cantonese
- read and write in Traditional Chinese
Want early bird access to jobs like this? Subscribe!
You’ll get the newsletters from time to time with hot job openings right before your eyes.