Rooms Controller - Marriott International - W Hotels - Doha
Boldly colouring outside the lines of luxury, W turns the traditional notion of the extravagant hotel on its head. Our irreverent attitude and taste for excess redefine revelry for the modern jet set. Our guests have a lust for a life less ordinary that drives them to demand more, experience it all, and hit repeat.
We share our guests’ passions, providing insider access to what’s new and what’s next. Moderation is not in our vocabulary and we know that lust for life demands more, not less. W guests soak it in and live each day with a mantra: Detox. Retox. Repeat. If you’re ready to create the energetic W scene that is magnetic to everyday disruptors around the world, then we invite you to explore a career with W Hotels.
- Assign room according to guest request and preferences whenever possible.
- Pre-register designated guests and prepare key packets.
- Organise and coordinate check-in/pre-registration procedures for arriving groups.
- Review / Track / Accommodate requests for room / check-out changes when possible; communicate status to appropriate staff.
- Confirm reservations and cancellations.
- Review out-of-order rooms daily.
- Ensure rates match market codes and document exceptions.
- Verify and adjust billing for guests.
- File guest paperwork or documentation.
- Set up/process all guest check-ins/check-outs.
- Activate room keys.
- Secure valid payment.
- Identify any over-commitments.
- Perform duplicate reservation checks; block rooms.
- Run daily reports.
- Follow up with guests to ensure their requests or problems have been met to their satisfaction.
- Receive, record, and relay messages accurately, completely, and legibly.
- Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests’ service needs; assist individuals with disabilities; thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language; prepare and review written documents accurately and completely; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Coordinate tasks and work with other departments.
- Serve as a departmental role model.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals.
- Comply with quality assurance standards.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time. Enter and locate information using computers and/or POS systems.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Job Category: Rooms & Guest Services Operations
Location: W Doha, West Bay, Zone 61, Doha, Qatar
Brand: W Hotels
Position Type: Non-Management
Located Remotely: N
PUTTING PEOPLE FIRST
Although the pandemic challenged Marriott International over the last year, putting people first remains our top priority. We invite you to learn more about the measures we’ve taken to prioritise the safety and wellbeing of our associates. It’s because of them we’ve proven to be a resilient force with a rich 94-year history.
Our founders, J.W. and Alice Marriott, started with a small idea: a root beer stand. From there, it grew into a small hotel business, and then another, bigger one. Together they created something that changed their future—and maybe yours. A great career is about seizing new opportunities, building meaningful relationships and being a force of good in the world.
EXPLORE ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES
As the #1 leader in hospitality worldwide, Marriott International has 7,600+ hotel properties and 30 top hotel brands. We’re in 133 countries and territories, and we’re still growing. Unmatched opportunities await you! The next step in your career could lead to your greatest adventure.
- Previous experience is a plus
Want early bird access to jobs like this? Subscribe!
You’ll get the newsletters from time to time with hot job openings right before your eyes.