Assistant Director of Catering & Events Sales - W Hotels - Marriott
Assists in leading the property’s segmented sales effort (e.g., group, transient, association, corporate, etc.) and assists in the implementation of the segment sales strategy and achieving segment revenue goals, property revenue goals and guest and employee satisfaction. Conducts all day-to-day activities related to the sales function with a focus on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of property sales objectives. Achieves personal booking goals.
Education and Experience
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 3 years experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
- 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 1 year experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES:
Developing & Executing Sales Strategies
- Works with sales leader to ensure understanding of sales strategy and effective implementation of this strategy for the segment.
- Assists in the development, implementation and sustaining of aggressive solicitation program focused on increasing business.
- Works with management team to create and implement a sales plan addressing revenue, customers and the market for the segment led by the DOS.
- Assists with the development and implementation of promotions, both internal and external.
- Provides positive and aggressive leadership to ensure maximum revenue potential (e.g., sets example with personal booking goals).
- Recommends booking goals for sales team members.
Managing Sales Activities
- Approves space release for catering to maximise revenue (DOS, Group) in the absence of a Business Evaluation Manager.
- Participates in sales calls with members of sales team to acquire new business and/or close on business.
- Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
Analysing & Reporting on Sales and Financial Data
- Analyses market information by using sales systems and implements strategy to achieve property’s financial room and catering goals.
- Assists Revenue Management with completing accurate six period projections.
- Reviews sales and catering guest satisfaction results to identify areas of improvement.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies customer service and creates a positive example for guest relations.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Meets with guests during pre- and post-convention meetings to obtain feedback on quality of product (e.g., rooms, meeting facilities and equipment, food and beverage), service levels, execution against contract and overall satisfaction.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Observes service behaviours of employees and provides feedback to individuals and/or managers.
- Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of department meetings with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Ensures that a customer recognition program is in effect throughout Sales.
- Executes and supports the company’s Customer Service Standards and property’s Brand Standards.
- Participates in and practices daily service basics of the brand.
- Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and ensuring their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
- Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a relationship and loyalty to the company.
- Gains understanding of the property’s primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution both prior to, and during the program/event.
Building Successful Relationships
- Develops and manages relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels (e.g., Event Booking Centre, Market Sales, GSO) to ensure the property needs are being achieved and the sales efforts are complementary, not duplicative.
- Works with Human Resources, Engineering and Loss Prevention to ensure compliance with local, state and federal regulations and/or union requirements.
- Attends customer events, trade shows and sales missions to maintain, build or develop key relationships with GSO Managers and customers.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Boldly colouring outside the lines of luxury, W turns the traditional notion of the extravagant hotel on its head. Our irreverent attitude and taste for excess redefine revelry for the modern jet set. Our guests have a lust for a life less ordinary that drives them to demand more, experience it all, and hit repeat. We share our guests’ passions, providing insider access to what’s new and what’s next. Moderation is not in our vocabulary and we know that lust for life demands more, not less. W guests soak it in and live each day with a mantra: Detox.Retox.Repeat. If you’re ready to create the energetic W scene that is magnetic to everyday disruptors around the world, then we invite you to explore a career with W Hotels.
Job Category: Sales & Marketing
Location: W Doha, West Bay, Zone 61, Doha, Qatar
Brand: W Hotels
Position Type: Management
Located Remotely: N
PUTTING PEOPLE FIRST
Although the pandemic challenged Marriott International over the last year, putting people first remains our top priority. We invite you to learn more about the measures we’ve taken to prioritise the safety and wellbeing of our associates. It’s because of them we’ve proven to be a resilient force with a rich 94-year history.
Our founders, J.W. and Alice Marriott, started with a small idea: a root beer stand. From there, it grew into a small hotel business, and then another, bigger one. Together they created something that changed their future—and maybe yours. A great career is about seizing new opportunities, building meaningful relationships and being a force of good in the world.
EXPLORE ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES
As the #1 leader in hospitality worldwide, Marriott International has 7,600+ hotel properties and 30 top hotel brands. We’re in 133 countries and territories, and we’re still growing. Unmatched opportunities await you! The next step in your career could lead to your greatest adventure.
- 2-year degree in BA or Marketing
- 4-year bachelor's degree
Want early bird access to jobs like this? Subscribe!
You’ll get the newsletters from time to time with hot job openings right before your eyes.