Associate Vendor Manager, RVR - Amazon.ae, Dubai
Job vacancy description:
Amazon, one the world’s leaders in e-commerce, is expanding its Retail business and looking for a smart and ambitious Associate Vendor Manager based in Dubai to enable new collaborations with vendors aiming at integrating their product portfolio into the Amazon.ae and Amazon.sa stores. Come and experience a company that reinvents itself every day and immerse yourself in an environment that is fast-paced, expanding and continuously inventing new efficiencies to offer great opportunities for our customers and for you!
Operating in a fast-moving and often ambiguous environment you will have full responsibility for achieving business objectives. You will need to engage in projects that will drive business growth and help shape the future of Amazon Retail in the United Arab Emirates and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. We expect that you can work autonomously, think both strategically and tactically, and take full control and responsibility for achieving your goals.
Amazon is looking for a talented Associate Vendor Manager to join the Retail Vendor Recruitment (RVR) organisation. As part of the retail organisation, the candidate will help to recruit and be in charge of on-boarding new vendors. Targeting the most relevant selection for our customers, you will aim at recruiting new vendors and make their selection available on the website. In close coordination with retail teams, you will drive new vendors through all the on-boarding phases, up to their first units shipped.
What is the role?
Your objectives will be to build the best possible selection for our customers with the development of partnerships with new vendors. Your job will consist of prospecting, assessing, recruiting and integrating vendors for Amazon marketplaces. In your day-to-day job, you will be working on multiple prospects including:
- Identify, prospect and reach out to new vendors, analyse their potential for Amazon.
- You will lead the first steps, by cold-calling potential partners or attending commercial events and trade fairs, and confidently explaining the advantages and benefits of partnering with Amazon.
- Be a business consultant to new vendors and provide insights and advice for them, being able to deal with different business profiles and sectors.
- Help new vendors to integrate their catalogue data into Amazon store, master Amazon’s internal tools and train vendors on how to use these tools.
- Be an ambassador of Amazon for the vendors, developing deep knowledge of their needs and success drivers
- Plan, conduct, deliver and report analyses to understand the performance of recruited vendors
- Help to develop and improve recruiting and on-boarding processes, assist in removing any technical blockers and identifying technical improvement areas.
- 1+ years of account management, project or program management or buying experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience using Excel and other business analytic tools
- Experience with software and editing tools (including HTML, Excel and SQL)
- Experience in online retail
- Experience using analytical specific tools such as Google Analytics, SQL or HTML
Working at Amazon
What unites Amazon employees across teams and geographies is that we are all striving to delight our customers and make their lives easier.
The scope and scale of our mission drives us to seek diverse perspectives, be resourceful, and navigate through ambiguity. Inventing and delivering things that were never thought possible isn't easy, but we embrace this challenge every day.
By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
The benefits on this page apply to regular, full-time employees.
The perks of being an Amazon employee don't stop at collaborating with great people on exciting and innovative projects. We also offer a full range of benefits that support you and eligible family members, including domestic partners and their children. These benefits include health care coverage, ways to save for the future, and other resources to improve your well-being.
Amazon’s benefits can vary depending on location, the number of regularly scheduled hours you work, length of employment, and job status such as seasonal or temporary employment.
Our Medical plan options give you the flexibility to select the right health care coverage for you and eligible family members. Choose from several plans, including a Health Savings Account (with employee and employer contributions), and multiple network providers for the best care in your area.
You can also enrol in Dental and Vision plans as well as Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care.
- Amazon’s 401(k) plan provides you with an opportunity to defer compensation for your long-term savings and includes a company match. The plan offers a variety of investment options to help you reach your financial goals.
- Company-paid basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance with the option to enrol in additional coverage for you and your dependents.
- Company-paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance.
Network of Support
Amazon cares about your health and well-being, both on and off the job. The following benefits are available at no cost to help make life a little bit easier.
- Amazon’s free Employee Assistance Programme provides confidential 24/7 support, resources and referrals for every aspect of work and personal life.
- We offer online resources for parents whose children struggle with developmental disabilities, as well as help finding child and elderly care referrals and assistance.
- Employees have access to financial counselling, estate planning and other services in the event of a life-threatening illness or death.
Amazon offers adoption assistance for eligible domestic and international adoption expenses including attorney fees, court costs, and travel.
Maternity and Parental Leave
Amazon offers a range of fully paid Maternity and Parental Leave options for parents before and after the birth or adoption of a child.
This includes our industry unique ‘Leave Share’ option and a flexible return-to-work programme known as ‘Ramp Back.’
Parental options require at least one year of continuous service by the date of a child’s birth or adoption placement.
Regular time away from work is essential for employees to recharge and renew. Employees earn paid time off in addition to company paid holidays.
Amazon.com Employee Discount
Employees receive an annual discount on products sold and shipped by Amazon.com.
The Amazon Career Choice Programme is an innovative programme offered to hourly employees. The programme pre-pays 95% of the cost of tuition, textbooks, and related fees so employees can focus on their studies and not the expense.
Career Choice allows employees to develop in-demand skills for professions of the future, including medical technicians, paralegals, robotics engineers and solar panel installation professionals.
- Bachelor's degree
- 1+ years of PM or account management experience
- Skills HTML Excel and SQL
Want early bird access to jobs like this? Subscribe!
You’ll get the newsletters from time to time with hot job openings right before your eyes.