Country Marketing Manager - DHL Express, Dubai
Would you like to be part of the most international company in the world? A company operating in more than 220 countries worldwide and has been pioneering cross-border express shipping since 1969. Would you like to be part of a business that connects people across the globe and want to make a difference? Then waste no time and join our amazing team at Deutsche Post DHL (DPDHL). DHL Global Forwarding, Freight (DGFF) is the Group's air, ocean, and road freight specialist. We offer standardised transport as well as highly specialised end-to-end solutions to customers in a wide range of industries globally.
A company that pioneered cross-border express delivery in 1969 and is now active in more than 220 countries and territories worldwide.
DHL Express UAE is the recognised market leader in Express logistics and an Employer of Choice - ranked consistently as Great Place To Work in the UAE for 6 consecutive years, with a 2019 global ranking at #4!
Join our team and discover how an international network that's focused on service, quality and sustainability, is able to connect people and improve lives through the power of global trade. And not just for our customers, but for every member of our team too.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Country Marketing Manager is responsible to develop and deploy the Country’s Marketing plans in line with the business objectives and strategy.
In relation to marketing, the job holder is responsible for all the internal and external communication, including DHL brand image, media and CSR activities, marketing research, product management / deployment and all related business and competitor reporting and analysis.
The role is part of the country SMT and expected to contribute to the business plans, company customer and employee events and overall communication strategy.
- Create, develop and execute marketing campaigns for specific DHL products and services and ensure the integrity and image of the DHL brand is upheld in all UAE marketing activities
- Provide market intelligence to support business & strategic planning
- Manage all marketing communication and marketing requirements through effective management of the Marketing function
- Support CSR activities for UAE
- Ensure consistent media coverage and high visibility for DHL UAE in the local media forums
- Implement the UAE Marketing strategy in conjunction with Country Manager and National Sales and Marketing Manager to support the sales strategy plan and activities
- Manage the product mix, development, reporting and analysis
- Effectively deploy all products ensuring at all times that full awareness and usage is increased
- Implementation of services adhering to global guidelines and policies are effectively deployed to support business requirements
- Product code mapping and reporting adheres to global standards
- Implement all projects on the marketing plan and provide clear visibility during the planning and implementation stages to all stakeholders
- After each project provide a ROI summary with recommendations for future improvements
- In conjunction with the procurement department, source appropriate suppliers and monitor their performance and quality
- Develop and maintain relations with media
- Identify CSR projects that can be facilitated in the UAE and ensuring visibility for DHL Express
- Support Global CSR projects with required communication and facilitation for UAE
- Effectively manage external agencies to include PR, Advertising and Design, Loyalty and Media Buying
- Support an internal communication process on marketing initiatives through frequent communication updates to ensure internal customers are fully aware of all DHL products and services and on-going promotional activities
- Manage all projects within the marketing plan to ensure that they come in at, or under budget. Analyse ways of improving expenditure to achieve a greater return on investment
- Drive all research programs to support business objectives and strategy to include competitor analysis, industry-specific and macroeconomic analysis
- Develop and implement effective internal communication channels to improve employee awareness and motivation
- Monitor and ensure the quality and accuracy of the marketing database is maintained to support direct mail campaigns
- Plan and execute targeted and focused direct mail campaigns with the appropriate support from regional and local suppliers
- Ensure the correct levels of marketing supplies are readily available within the business to support activity and functions
- Drives business strategy in terms of ensuring all functions deliver set
- Work on ad-hoc marketing projects as required
- Support in developing country strategy
- Develop IKOs/KPIs for team members and monitor individual performance
- Conduct performance review and coaching
- Research skills in the areas of customer, market and competitors, and the ability to think creatively to apply that research
- Marketing skills in the area of product, placement & promotion
- Strategic thinking skills
- Creative skill set for the creation of agency briefs and direction
- Uses interpersonal styles to create and sustain effective relationships with business partners (e.g. suppliers, joint venture partners, industry groups, competitors, governments, unions) and colleagues.
- Is open to approaches that meet mutual goals
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- 8 - 10 years relevant experience as a Marketing Manager or marketing / advertising-related position.
- Degree in Business/Marketing (or related discipline)
WHAT WE OFFER
- Opportunities in a global company where you can contribute your ideas and skills to move towards our shared goals.
- Possible further career development
- Competitive salary
Department: Marketing and Business Development
Type: Full-time Permanent
Shift: Flexible working times
Travel: required more than 75%
DHL as Employer
As a business, we're acutely aware of the influence we have and the impact we can make. Not just on the lives of our customers and colleagues. But also the communities we're part of and the wider world too. Making that impact a positive one is something we take tremendous pride in. And if you join us, you will too.
At DHL, a workforce with different skills, experiences, and viewpoints, comes together as one global team. Each one of us is committed to doing our best for our customers. But while we share the same mindset, we're always keen to celebrate the unique contribution each individual brings.
Grow with us
We never forget it’s our people who make us who we are. So we do all we can to create an environment where each individual can shine. An environment that encourages people to stay with us and grow with us, and enables them to enjoy a rewarding, long-term career.
At DHL, we believe the future belongs to those who take what they've learned from today and use it to build a better tomorrow. With that in mind, we actively encourage everyone who works with us – regardless of their role – to create and drive their ideas.
OPPORTUNITIES FOR GRADUATES
Depending on where your talents and interests lie (and where in the world you are based, of course!), we're sure to have a graduate development program that's perfectly suited to you. Alternatively, if you'd prefer to jump straight into a regular, full-time job, we offer plenty of direct entry roles too.
10 compelling reasons to join us...
1. Because you'll have the world at your feet
With around 570,000 colleagues in 220 countries and territories, we're one of the biggest private employers in the world. That international outlook is something you'll experience every day, along with amazing opportunities to work with people from around the globe.
2. Because you'll keep learning and growing
Our internal learning programs provide valuable knowledge in logistics, management, and process improvement. You'll have the chance to earn recognised qualifications, grow as an individual, and explore opportunities to change departments and even countries if you wish.
3. Because the work you do will really matter
Connecting people and improving lives means you'll always be doing meaningful work – even if that just means putting a smile on someone's face. We manage more than 1 million customer contacts every hour. So with us, you'll get to see the real-world impact your work has on people's lives.
4. Because you'll be in great company
We're consistently ranked among the world's top employers. In 2020, DHL Express was named #2 Best place to work in the world by FORTUNE and Great Place to Work® and recognised for the extraordinary lengths we go to, to create a positive, motivating, and appreciative working atmosphere.
5. Because you'll always look forward to tomorrow
The logistics industry never stands still. And you'll find we're often the ones leading the way. Whether it's advanced Robotics, Quantum Computing, or AI technologies, we're constantly exploring new ideas and there's always something exciting on the horizon.
6. Because you'll be part of a sustainable future
We're serious about sustainability, and here that means more than just protecting the environment. It's about doing things the right way, and in the long-term interests of our customers, our colleagues, the communities we're part of, and the planet itself.
7. Because you can be sure of a bright future
In an uncertain world, the scale and scope of our business – and the resources we have behind us – offer a level of stability and security that few other organisations can match.
8. Because your individuality is worth celebrating
Join us, and you'll be working with colleagues from a wide range of backgrounds – all with differing skills, experiences, and points of view. We see that diversity is one of our greatest strengths, and promotes inclusion every day, in everything we do.
9. Because you'll have every chance to shine
Whatever your role, you'll always have a voice and an important part to play in developing the way we work. At the same time, of course, we'll make sure you feel recognised, valued, and rewarded for the contribution you bring.
10. Because you'll be respected and supported
Across regions and cultures, we've created a common understanding of respecting human rights and providing fair working conditions. Our managers lead by example and create an open, respectful, and supportive atmosphere within their teams.
- Strategic thinking skills
- 8-10 years relevant experience
Want early bird access to jobs like this? Subscribe!
You’ll get the newsletters from time to time with hot job openings right before your eyes.