Waiter / Waitress, Club Lounge - Mandarin Oriental, Dubai
Job opening description:
An ideal candidate must have experience in Club Lounge in a luxury hotel environment and speak fluently at least one European language in addition to English.
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award-winning owner and operator of some of the world’s most luxurious hotels, resorts and residences.
Having grown from its Asian roots into a global brand, the Group now operates 37 hotels and nine residences in 25 countries and territories, with each property reflecting the Group’s oriental heritage, local culture and unique design.
Mandarin Oriental has a strong pipeline of hotels and residences under development, and is a member of the Jardine Matheson Group.
- Have a good understanding of the outlet’s concept and food and beverage offerings and be able to verbally explain those to guests.
- Ensure that mise en place is completed shift to shift and during service in order to provide an efficient service. This includes cleaning tasks in front and back of house as well as polishing and assembling of equipment.
- Be able to operate the required steps on the POS - point of sales system in order to process food and beverage orders.
- Be able to deliver service by understanding the guest requirements.
- Carry out all tasks in a friendly, courteous and efficient manner.
- Properly up-sell services and products to our guests at all times, enhancing service and generating increased revenue.
- Be able to process MOHG Gift cards and other non-cash methods of payment.
- Perform any tasks relating to billing according to hotel standards and cashiering policies.
- Ensure all dishes are presented in compliance with hotel standards and food & beverage specifications.
- Conserve all outlet equipment and utensils in good conditions by proper day to day handling of all applicable utensils and by carrying out required side duties as assigned.
- Assist in picking up all required stocks, including linen, beverage, dried goods and others and arrange them accordingly.
- Ensure product knowledge is up-to-date.
- Ensure that management and kitchen colleagues are informed of any special guest preferences or allergies.
- Support as required other outlets as assigned by the Restaurant/ Outlet Manager.
- Any other reasonable tasks as assigned by the Restaurant/ Outlet Manager.
- Communicate well with colleagues and superiors in order to avoid misunderstandings and other shortfalls caused by lack of communication.
- Be committed to being a team player; proactively cooperating and supporting colleagues in operational tasks.
- Listen to every guest and observe body language carefully in order to be able to understand guest needs and expectations and consistently delight and satisfy every guest.
- Have a natural, warm smile and a friendly and passionate approach towards guests.
- Create WOW moments to surprise and delight guests in the Restaurants through gestures and other actions.
- Ensure customer satisfaction from arrival to departure in accordance to the MOHG Legendary Quality Experiences (LQEs), the MOHG Pillars and the respective service standards of MOQA.
- Report guest’s preference to superiors and act upon them whenever known.
Position: Waiter / Waitress, Club Lounge
Job hours: Full time
Property / Office: Mandarin Oriental Jumeira, Dubai
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Who We Are
At Mandarin Oriental, our guiding principles are what define us.
What We Offer
Discover what makes the Mandarin Oriental Colleague Journey so special.
Where You Fit In
Inspiring opportunities in every corner of the world.
We’ll give you all the opportunities you want to take on new challenges and grow your potential.
- English comms
- Luxury hotel experience
- At least one European language
Want early bird access to jobs like this? Subscribe!
You’ll get the newsletters from time to time with hot job openings right before your eyes.