Environment Assistant - Catering - The Emirates Group
This role will support and contribute to continuously monitor and evaluate Environment operational activities at EKFC to minimise the Environmental impacts with the direction of the Environment Specialist and in compliance with EKFC certification of ISO 14001:2015 standards and environment legislation in order to maintain environmental sustainability efforts.
Our culture and diversity
The Emirates Group has a lot in common with Dubai. The languages, cultures and ethnic backgrounds that make up our group help us innovate and grow our business in exciting ways. For example, Emirates was the first to introduce onboard showers. We also believe that the customer experience we offer is really different. And of course, safety is paramount – it’s there in everything we do. In the Middle East, dnata was one of the earliest adopters of electric ramp vehicles and ‘smart’ battery charging. We have also introduced Vaculex loading aids in Dubai, which are safer for staff and more cost effective for customers.
Our whole industry is committed to reducing aviation’s carbon footprint. As a group, we want to go further than that – and make sustainability and eco-efficiency the cornerstones of all group operations in the air, and on the ground. We go further than making a difference within the industry. At dnata4good, we come together to reach out and support children in need and endangered wildlife all around the world. The Emirates Airline Foundation is another way we are actively working towards creating a better world for children. We provide life-changing medical treatment, clean water and educational opportunities.
- Assist to develop and update documentation required for all internal and external audits such as client audits and ISO 14001 Compliance Audit - which includes Environmental Policy, manuals, procedures, work instructions, forms, and records under the guidance of Environment Specialist in order to ensure that all documentation is aligned with ISO 14001 standards and accurately reflects the organisation's environmental management practices.
- Monitor the organisation's compliance with ISO 14001 standard requirements by conducting internal audits and inspections and further address the non-conformities or areas for improvement with the environmental team and internal stakeholders with proposed corrective action plan.
- Conduct training cascades / awareness trainings/ provide guidance to educate employees on audit requirements and the proper use of related documentation to promote awareness of the Environment Management System (EMS) in line with requirements.
- Identifying opportunities for process improvements in line with the latest updates in ISO 14001 standards and propose necessary strategies / updates to maintain efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assist in preparing and coordinating external audits conducted by certification bodies to ensure compliance with ISO 14001.
- Collaborate with auditors, address their queries, and provide them with the required documentation and records.
- Conduct research on environmental best practices, regulations, and industry trends.
- Collect and analyse energy consumption, waste management, and greenhouse gas emissions data to identify improvement areas.
- Ensure to maintain accurate records and documentation related to environmental activities, projects including data collection, permits, inspections, and audits as per EKFC and legislative requirements.
- Prepare regular reports summarising key environmental metrics and progress toward sustainability goals and ensure the necessary reports are accessible to required internal stakeholders.
- Apply the Environment System established in accordance with ISO 14001: 2015 international standards and execute all responsibilities according to the department work procedures while reflecting EKFC Environment Policy.
- Prepare regular reports summarising key environmental metrics and progress toward sustainability goals and determine the scope of improvement, if any.
- Higher Secondary School Certificate or equivalent qualification in Environment Science.
- ISO 14001: 2015 internal auditing certification (Mandatory).
- Minimum 3 years of experience with environmental responsibility in similar industry.
- Working experience in the use of MS Office and documentation.
- Ability to comprehend and implement environmental policies and practices.
- Strong understanding of environmental regulations and best practices.
- Good research and data analysis skills.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
Salary & Benefits
Join us in Dubai and enjoy an attractive tax-free salary and travel benefits that are exclusive to our industry, including discounts on flights and hotels stays around the world. You can find out more information about our employee benefits in the Working Here section of our website. Further information on what’s it like to live and work in our cosmopolitan home city, can be found in the Dubai Lifestyle section. Whatever role you are interested in, we offer a competitive total pay and benefits package. With the diverse range of the opportunities within the Emirates Group this package varies from role to role to ensure that we attract and retain the talent we need to continue our success.
The details below give a flavour of the benefits we offer for generic Dubai based roles. However, please check with our Recruitment Specialists to find out which will be applicable to the role you are interested in, especially if this is outside Dubai or with dnata.
Alternatively please review the benefits in each of the specific careers sections.
Fixed Compensation for Dubai based roles
- Competitive base salary, paid tax free and reviewed annually
- Accommodation or a cash alternative
- Transport or a cash alternative
Variable Compensation for Dubai based roles
- Role specific allowances – payable to those in specialist roles or who have specialist skills
- Eligibility for the Emirates Group Profit Share scheme – an annual scheme that pays out to all eligible colleagues if the Group profit target is exceeded
- Medical insurance; Life insurance; Personal accident / Workmen’s Compensation – insurance to ensure you are appropriately covered for medical treatment, emergencies and accidents whilst employed by the Group.
- Education Support Allowance – assistance with the cost of your eligible children’s education in Dubai or abroad, applicable to eligible grades only.
- Annual leave – a minimum of 30 calendar days per year.
- Annual leave travel – a return ticket home each year, paid for by the Group.
- End of Service Benefit - a gratuity payment at the end of your service with the company which increases with your length of service.
- Pension Scheme – a retirement savings plan, applicable to eligible grades and nationalities only.
Emirates Group Staff Travel – enables you, your family and friends to travel the world at discounted rates on Emirates Airline and selected other airlines.
Emirates Platinum Card – enables you to benefit from discounts on shopping, dining, entertainment, services, leisure and hotels from 1000’s of retailers in Dubai and around the world.
- Min 3 years of experience
- ISO 14001
- Qualification in Environment Science
Want early bird access to jobs like this? Subscribe!
You’ll get the newsletters from time to time with hot job openings right before your eyes.